Senior Java Developer - Services|
|Job Reference:||- n/a -
|Start Date:||- n/a -||Salary:||- n/a -|
Texas - Austin
Starmount delivers solutions that transform the retail environment to a more connected and engaging store experience. Our software solutions bring the richness of the web and the power of mobile into the store, where retailers can create more personalized, relevant, and dynamic interactions while shoppers can learn, discover, and buy anywhere in the store.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Starmount works with a diverse client base around the world including leading retailers such as Home Depot, Pep Boys, and Urban Outfitters. With decades of retail experience, Starmount improves the way retailers sell and the way consumers shop.
- Collaborate with manager, external users and other developers to clarify and finalize requirements and produce corresponding functional specifications for general applications and infrastructure.
- Work with other software developers to design and implement applications, using Java code, and enhancements as needed.
- Maintain and enhance applications on an ongoing basis per user/customer feedback.
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated, per quality assurance requirements.
- Collaborate as necessary to define and implement regression test suites.
- Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business goals of application and environment.
Starmount is currently looking to hire multiple Java Developers in the Austin office to work in our Services Division
- 5+ years of Java coding experience for technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with JDK 1.4 and up, J2EE, EJB, Struts, Ant/Maven, XML, Web Services, MVC, and SQL
- Experience with IDE Eclipse desired
- Experience with TortoiseSVN desired
- Experience with RDBMS preferably Oracle and IBM-DB2, integrating databases in middle-tier application server architecture
- Experience in Retail domain, 360Commerce Framework, Oracle Retail Point of Sale (ORPOS), BackOffice or CentralOffice applications a plus
- Excellent object oriented software systems design skills and architectural skills
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in where needed. This may mean on occasion helping with other functions (e.g. QA, Operations)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
- Masters of Science or Bachelors of Science with 5 years experience in Computer Science or related field.